Grandi Giardini Italiani Srl

c/o Villa Erba
Largo Luchino Visconti, 4
22012 Cernobbio (COMO)
Italy

Toscana

Parco di Pinocchio - Parco Policentrico Collodi-Pinocchio

Collodi, Pistoia

Giardino moderno
Buy tickets
Coffee house & Restaurant
Family friendly
Partially wheelchair accessible
Pet Friendly

How to reach

By car
Highway A1 direction Florence Exit A15 towards La Spezia / Parma West. Continue until the exit for A12 / E80 towards Livorno. Take the Viareggio-Camaiore exit for A11 toward Lucca / Florence Exit Chiesina Uzzanese. Then Cross Pescia (5 Km) and continue until Bon Collodi (4 Km)

On the train
From Firenze Santa Maria Novella railway station, take the regional Lucca. Get off at the Pescia station and head to the bus station. Take the U803 Line Pescia - Collodi.

Bus
You can reach Collodi with a shuttle, seasonal or on reservation for groups, which starts from Montecatini Terme and has a bus stop at the railway station of Pescia.

GREEN PASS

Starting from 6 August, guests over 12 years of age will have the obligation to present the “Green Certification” (also called “Green Pass”) or equivalent documentation to the reception staff.

History

Collodi is famous for having supplied Carlo Lorenzini's penname; it is the birthplace of his mother and where the author of ''The Adventures of Pinocchio'' spent his childhood. Collodi has three important features: the old village, the Garzoni Garden and Pinocchio Park, all in harmony with the Tuscan landscape with the ability to give free reign to the imagination in unusual, fairy-tale dimensions.
The Mayor of Pescia, Rolando Anzilotti, had the idea of celebrating Pinocchio at Collodi in 1951 when he set up a Committee for a Pinocchio Monument and invited major artists to take part in a competition. The two equal winners were Emilio Greco with “Pinocchio and the Fairy” and Venturino Venturi with the “Mosaic Square”. The famous bronze sculpture, 5 metres tall, showing the metamorphosis of Pinocchio and the extraordinary mosaics depicting scenes designed by the architects Renato Baldi e Lionello De Luigi, were unveiled in 1956. By 1962 the Park had become a well-established cultural reality and the Committee became the Carlo Collodi National Foundation. In 1963 the Red Shrimp Tavern by Giovanni Michelucci was opened and houses the restaurant and a space for conferences, performances and workshops.
In 1972 a continuation of the Land of Toys was created, designed by Pietro Porcinai and decorated with 21 bronze sculptures by Pietro Consagra and constructions by the architect Marco Zanuso.
The Pinocchio Park is an open-air museum full of contemporary works of art. It hosts temporary exhibitions and children can play and learn in the park. Pinocchio's interactive museum is a new attraction, which opened in 2020.

Porcinai Pietro

Information
Opening hours
Season 2022
April 1 - September 30, daily, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
October 1 - 17, daily, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
October 18 - 31, daily, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
November 1 - December 2, Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

December
  • 3/4, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • 8/9/10/11, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
17-Jan. 8, 2023, daily including holidays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

9 January - 28 February, Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The ticket office closes one hour before closing.
Entrance
Parco monumentale di Pinocchio + Storico Giardino Garzoni
Adults: € 25.00
Concessions and Groups: € 22.00
Contact us
Via San Gennaro, 3
51012 Collodi (PT)

T. +39 0572 429342
T. +39 0572 429613

www.pinocchio.it
Grandi Giardini ItalianiGreat Gardens of the WorldGardens of SwitzerlandComo the electric lakeThe Great GreenAICC Associazione Imprese Culturali e CreativeCOMPO
25° anniversario
< Back
Parco di Pinocchio - Parco Policentrico Collodi-Pinocchio