Piazza Trento, 5
00019 Tivoli (Roma)
Tel. +39 0774 312070
Biglietteria +39 0774 332920
Servizio disabili +39 0774335850
Call center 199 766 166
Fax amministrazione +39 0774 318080
Fax prenotazione disabili +39 0774 335850
Per le prenotazioni dall'estero
Tel +39 0412719036
Fax +39 0412770747
Write to the garden
Every day from 8.30am to 7.45 pm (last admission at 6.45pm)
On Monday open from 2.00pm
The exit time from the Garden is connected to the sunset in the reference month:
January: 4.45 pm; February: 5.15 pm; March: 6.00 pm (with legal time 7.00 pm); April 7.15 pm; from May to August: 7.30 pm; September: 7.00 pm; October: 6.15 pm (with sunny time 5.15 pm), November and December 4.45 pm.
Closed all Mondays morning, January 1st, May 1st, and December 25th, except for special openings
Full price: € 10,00
Concessions: € 5,00
Rates may vary concurrently cultural events
Free admission every first Sunday of the month
How to reach
A24 Highway, exit TivoliBy train
From Termini Railway Station of Rome, take Roma-Pescara Line, Tivoli Station stop
For information TrenitaliaBy bus
Bus Lines Cotral Roma-Tivoli (station in Rome: metro stop Ponte Mammolo; bus station in Tivoli: Largo Nazioni Unite).
For information: Costral SpA
Villa d'Este is a masterpiece among Italian gardens, inserted as it is in the UNESCO world's heritage list with the impressive concentration of fountains, nymphaeums, grottos, jeux d'eau and water music.
The garden should also be considered in the extraordinary landscape, artistic and historical context of Tivoli that presents the prestigious remains of ancient villas like Villa Adriana.
The imposing buildings and terraces over terraces are reminiscent of the Hanging Gardens of Babylonia, while the water feeding through an aqueduct and a tunnel under the city recall the engineering wisdom of the Romans.
Cardinal Ippolito II d'Este, governor of Tivoli from 1550, brought the magnificence of the courts of Ferrara, Rome and Fontainebleau back to life here and caused the rebirth of Villa Adriana.
Only after 1560 was the architectural and iconological program of the villa clarified as conceived by the painter, archeologist and architect, Pirro Ligorio, and carried out by Alberto Galvani, the court architect.
In the following century, new and important works involving great masters like Gian Lorenzo Bernini were undertaken.
After a long period of abandon, plundering and deterioration the villa arose again when it became the property of the Republic of Italy.
The recent restoration of the Organ Fountains and the Song of the Birds are more than worth a mention.
Topics & Upcoming Events
Piccolo Mondo Antico
Roses are your passion? Discover the best rose gardens in Italy!
Official Railway Carrier di Grandi Giardini Italiani
ENDS 1 NOVEMBER 2019
EVA vs EVA
An exhibition dedicated to the dual value of women in the Western imagination
what to do,
where to eat,
where to sleep
Which cities do